Get a Reinforced Smile Using Dental Implants
If you have missing and failing teeth, you owe it to yourself to find out more about dental implants. Actually, now is the perfect time to do something about your smile because September is Dental Implant Awareness Month according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
To get started on your reinforced smile, call Oregon Smile Care Center today at (503) 837-2718 to schedule a no-hassle consultation.
Dental Implants Will Give You a Beautiful, Functional Smile
Dental implants are one of the wonders of modern dental care. These small posts are usually made from titanium because this metal will actually fuse with your jawbone.
Over the course of a few months, after an oral surgeon has placed your implants, new bone material will grow around them, forming a solid base for new replacement teeth. In this way, implants actually serve as artificial teeth roots. After treatment, you’ll have 85 percent or more of your biting and chewing capacity restored.
Besides making it possible to anchor replacement teeth, your new implants will also protect your jawbone. They will stimulate your jaw to produce new bone cells, just like natural teeth do. This will help you avoid the bone loss that is so common when you have missing teeth. You also won’t have to worry about changes to the structure of your face due to shrinking bone mass.
Dental implants provide you several other key benefits as well:
- More confidence to show others a bold, authentic smile
- More complete chewing so your digestion is better
- A younger, more attractive, and more robust look
- Clearer speech so you avoid embarrassment
We Offer You Several Types of Implant Restorations to Remake Your Smile
At Oregon Smile Care Center, Drs. Hanson and Kirkpatrick have several options when it comes to anchoring new teeth to your dental implants. Your specific options will be determined by your circumstances and your smile goals, but they could include:
- Single Implant-Crown Combination – We work closely with a local oral surgeon who will place a dental implant where your tooth is missing. After a healing and fusing period, we’ll attach a beautiful new crown to it to restore your smile and chewing capacity.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – This type of bridge is secured by at least two implants, with one or more artificial teeth in the middle. It will fill in the gap in your smile without requiring the modification of your other teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – You’ll love the way these dentures fit and perform. Rather than relying on suction and denture adhesive to stay in place, these dentures will be anchored to a set of dental implants. You’ll never worry about them slipping or popping out and causing you embarrassment.
- All-on-4® Dental Implants – If you need an entire arch of teeth replaced on your upper or lower jaw, this may be the option for you. We’ll secure a full arch of fixed teeth using just four carefully placed dental implants. Plus, you may be able to get your implants and new teeth all in the same day.
If you’re tired of living with a set of teeth that don’t function as they should, we encourage you to contact our dental practice soon to get started refurbishing your smile. Call Oregon Smile Center today at (503) 837-2718 to schedule an appointment. You can also [contact_us text=”request an appointment online”].