Stay Healthy with Gentle & Complete Dental Cleanings & Exams in Salem, OR
You need a dental professional to oversee the health of your teeth and gums. Dr. Hanson, Dr. Afshar, and the rest of our team are trained in all aspects of general dentistry and oral infection control to keep your smile healthy and white! Here’s what you can expect when visiting us for your dental cleanings and exams in Salem:Dr. Kirkpatrick Talks about General Exams Read Transcript
It is very important that we not only focus on whether we have teeth that have decay, but also what kind of health that our gums are in. It has such a major impact on our overall health if we have inflammation of the gums, and so we're always going to start out with doing a full evaluation to see if we have any bone loss or issues with gum disease. If we just have a problem with staining and teeth just need a regular cleaning, that's great. But we also don't want to ignore if there's problems with gum disease, so we take measurements of your gum to see do we have any bone loss? Do we have any infection? Then we have to make sure that we're dealing with those issues properly. Some people need to have a deeper cleaning, something that they might come in for every three to four months, but we're going to stay on top of it and help walk you through the process of getting your teeth and your gums healthy again.
- Gentle cleanings and plaque removal to reduce the risk of serious problems
- Peace of mind knowing that your mouth is healthy
- Tips for great at-home oral care
- Advanced preventive dentistry solutions
At Oregon Smile Care Center, we have a state-of-the-art hygiene team to handle your dental needs and field your questions. Give us a call today at (503) 837-2718 to request a visit. New patient exams and X-rays are just $1!
Fight Dental Disease With Advanced Preventive Care
Dental disease is a widespread problem. About 92 percent of adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have had dental decay, and about 50 percent of adults 30 or older have experienced issues with gum disease. So it’s important to have access to high-tech care to eliminate dental disease and even prevent problems before they occur. This means visiting our office every six months for your teeth cleanings and exams.
During your checkups, one of our dental hygienists will start by removing the plaque and tartar from your teeth. The bacteria in plaque and tartar can cause tooth decay, so it’s important to remove these harmful substances professionally. Once your teeth are clean, we’ll polish them to make it harder for plaque to stick. You’ll also have access to:
- Digital X-rays — These X-rays, which omit about 90 percent less radiation than traditional X-rays, allow us to effectively diagnose dental problems.
- Spectra Caries Detection Aid — This special imaging tool is a handheld device that allows us to detect even the slightest bit of tooth decay with a fluorescent light.
- Fluoride Treatment — Studies have found that fluoride, a natural substance, reduces the risk of tooth decay. We can apply professional-strength fluoride during your routine exams.
- Custom Mouthguards — Once a year we provide custom athletic mouthguards for kids for free. Our custom mouthguards fit better than boil-and-bite guards and protect the teeth better.
Join Our Dental Practice Family Today
We’d love to help you and your family achieve a healthier smile. Our first goal is your comfort! Give us a call today at (503) 837-2718 to book your dental cleanings and exams in Salem. You can also use the online form. In just an hour and a half, you’ll be in and out with a superior teeth cleaning and exam!