Stay Healthy with Gentle & Complete Dental Cleanings & Exams in Salem, OR
You need a dental professional to oversee the health of your teeth and gums. Dr. Hanson, Dr. Afshar, and the rest of our team are trained in all aspects of general dentistry and oral infection control to keep your smile healthy and white! Here’s what you can expect when visiting us for your dental cleanings and exams in Salem:
- Gentle cleanings and plaque removal to reduce the risk of serious problems
- Peace of mind knowing that your mouth is healthy
- Tips for great at-home oral care
- Advanced preventive dentistry solutions
At Oregon Smile Care Center, we have a state-of-the-art hygiene team to handle your dental needs and field your questions. Give us a call today at (503) 837-2718 to request a visit. New patient exams and X-rays are just $1!
Fight Dental Disease With Advanced Preventive Care
Dental disease is a widespread problem. About 92 percent of adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have had dental decay, and about 50 percent of adults 30 or older have experienced issues with gum disease. So it’s important to have access to high-tech care to eliminate dental disease and even prevent problems before they occur. This means visiting our office every six months for your teeth cleanings and exams.
During your checkups, one of our dental hygienists will start by removing the plaque and tartar from your teeth. The bacteria in plaque and tartar can cause tooth decay, so it’s important to remove these harmful substances professionally. Once your teeth are clean, we’ll polish them to make it harder for plaque to stick. You’ll also have access to:
- Digital X-rays — These X-rays, which omit about 90 percent less radiation than traditional X-rays, allow us to effectively diagnose dental problems.
- Spectra Caries Detection Aid — This special imaging tool is a handheld device that allows us to detect even the slightest bit of tooth decay with a fluorescent light.
- Fluoride Treatment — Studies have found that fluoride, a natural substance, reduces the risk of tooth decay. We can apply professional-strength fluoride during your routine exams.
- Custom Mouthguards — Once a year we provide custom athletic mouthguards for kids for free. Our custom mouthguards fit better than boil-and-bite guards and protect the teeth better.
Join Our Dental Practice Family Today
We’d love to help you and your family achieve a healthier smile. Our first goal is your comfort! Give us a call today at (503) 837-2718 to book your dental cleanings and exams in Salem. You can also use the online form. In just an hour and a half, you’ll be in and out with a superior teeth cleaning and exam!